Search engine optimization uses various tools to promote a site for better page ranking and online performance. Directory submission is one such tool of SEO. Here, one has to submit the website URL to web directories. In simple words, submitting your site URL to other websites. The directory submission results in backlinks production of your website as well as increased traffic too. When backlinks are produced, search engine platforms use it to improve the page ranking.
How to proceed with the directory submission?
- Go on the relevant directory submission site.
- There you will find the submit button for your website, click that.
- In the form available, fill in the details of your website.
- Both free listing and the paid listing option is available to choose as per your convenience.
- After form filling, submit it, further confirming the email Id.
- Your website URL is submitted to the directory.
This directory submission sites list will be very helpful for the users to find relevant submission sites.
Benefits of using directory submission sites:
- The website page ranking will be improved.
- Your website will obtain inbound links through web directories.
- The authority of the website domain will be better.
- The search engine will easily do indexing of the page that is available in web directories.
- The website’s popularity and visibility will be improved.
A user may feel that in general visitors don’t go on the web directories to search the websites, then how your ranking will be boosted. This is true with the exception, as there are users who sometimes make use of directories to find related websites. But, what is important here, the search engine platform considers these directories presence of a website and counts it for page ranking. So, start using the tool in an appropriate way and be benefited.