Search Engine Land defines SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is the process of getting traffic from the Free, Organic, Editorial or Natural search results on Search engines.
In simple words SEO includes all the tasks and strategies that can rank your website in higher rankings of Search Results. Keywords are the phrases that we write in the Search box like (SEO Company) and then rank your websites on suitable keywords that can generate more leads. Higher ranking means more chances of getting clicks. White hat SEO ensures long time results that are unpaid. There are many factors that comprise SEO like User friendly content and authoritative backlinks.
What is White hat SEO?
White hat SEO includes all the activities that are approved by the Search engines to ensure long term ranking of a website. Optimization includes Human written content, Images and Videos, Meta information, Site architecture and Search engine guidelines. Keyword optimization is one of the most difficult tasks in the entire SEO campaign including Keyword density. After finalizing the keywords, here comes content that needs to be original and also highly relevant with well written grammar.
What is Black hat SEO?
It is just opposite of White hat SEO that includes Keyword stuffing, Invisible texts, Doorway pages, Duplicate content, Hidden text, Link farming and every other activity that offense the Google webmaster guidelines. Suppose you search for a keyword but ended up getting some irrelevant loading page. That is called black hat that gives faster but not so quicker disappearing results.
There are some tips that must be taken care for the website ranking like placing the important keywords in Title and URL; adding up the social links with video updating.
Difference between On page and Off page SEO
They both are equally important in ranking of a website. On page SEO focus on the optimization of website with activities on your own website with code optimization. The list includes Headings, Meta title and Description, Images and Videos alt tags, URL structure, User friendly navigation, Quick loading, Interlinking and most importantly Quality (Unique) content.
Off Page SEO includes link building activities to rank your website and improve its position. To maintain high quality links are required here with strategic planning to promote the value. It combines Social media and Link building. List includes Directory submission, Social bookmarking, PPT Submissions, Image submissions, Blog posting, Classified submission and other activities as well.
4 steps of Optimization in SEO:
- Technical optimization
- Content optimization
- Link profile optimization
- Conversion optimization
SEO Tips to rank your website higher
- Every website has some pages that are ranked on page 1 of the Search Engine Results Page but may be few are not ranking well enough. It would be better to link your low ranking content with high ranking ones. The visitors that are already viewing your ranked content will also know about other masterpieces.
- We mention about Human writing content in the White hat SEO part which means to not getting your website content done through a content spinner. We humans want emotionally appealing content that can build a large audience of loyal readers quickly. A robot cannot understand the deepest emotions and hopes that are connecting a bond with the readers.
- More links are required but look out for their quality as well. 100s of backlinks are not better than 10 properly organized ones. Content is still the king and will always be. Less can be more if you know how to do the Off page optimization clearly.
- HTTPs are the new requirement for ranking. Yes, that extra “s” means that your website is encrypted (safe). You can easily get this through the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Even Google has announced that they prioritize websites having SSL certificate.
- Pop ups are good for the website but isn’t it so irritating when a pop up pops after every 2 seconds and making us unable to read the content.
- Google uses Rankbrain to see the relevancy of content to the keywords. With the increase in Mobile usage and Internet, content is becoming more conversational. Keywords need to be visible in the content but not keyword stuffing that even penalizes your website.
- Home page requires a brief of content only and not to be filled with it. It is the gateway of your business and content needs to be long enough to clarify about you.
- Submit your content on the article or web 2.0 submission sites that are already ranked with short and exact URL. Content should be of easy readability with High quality images.
- Long tail keywords are more specific than exact ones that are difficult to rank. They are actually the terms that users search for. Exact names are difficult to rank whereas long term keywords are bit easier.